The countdown is finally on! With the national lockdown easing across the country, we’re beginning to emerge into our new normal. And that means the return of IRL (In Real Life) events is finally just around the corner. So, it’s time to dust off our clipboards, headsets, and walkie-talkies, and refresh our memory on what will (and won’t) be allowed under the government guidelines. Can you tell we’re a bit excited?
From 17 May
Last week, IRL events were able to commence where event planners have completed a risk assessment, all relevant COVID- secure guidance has been taken and permitted group sizes have been maintained. Logistically this means six people or two households indoors and up to 30 people outdoors.
Other rules include:
- Enforced social distancing as per the correct guidelines (2M or 1M with barriers between tables)
- Face coverings worn indoors when necessary (e.g., when moving around the room and not seated)
- All reasonable action taken by the event organiser to mitigate risk to public health
- Seating assigned and controlled
- Food and drink to be consumed only when seated
- Indoor attendees not to mix with people outside of their group of six
From 21 June
Now for the details we have all been waiting on, what we can do from 21 June. A date that will go down in history! While it’s still subject to review of the latest available data, the government is aiming to remove all of the above legal limits on social contact and enable all events from this date including:
- Business events (trade shows, exhibitions, charity auctions, conferences, and galas)
- Live performances
- Non-elite and professional sporting events
- Grassroots and professional sporting events
- Live animal performances
We’ll get the go ahead on whether these restrictions will be eased as planned on 14 June, so stay tuned.
Some tip to help build the industry back up:
- Share event posts and invitations with your friends and family, invite everyone you know along!
- Showcase any events you visit on social media. Snap your drink or video the main stage, whatever you want, just get it out there!
- Support and respect each other, and the event organisers too. Always hype up the people around you!
Here’s to our industry for bossing the last year and a half, it feels good to be back.
If you have any questions about planning an event in-person then don’t hesitate to get in touch! We can help you deliver a variety of different live, hybrid and virtual events.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media: